Mortgagees approved for electronic case binder (eCB) submission must submit case binders through FHA Connection.
Mortgagees not approved for eCB submission through FHA Connection must use the FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module to submit both Single Family Forward Mortgages and Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) case binders requested for post-endorsement review in Loan Review System (LRS).
A separate, single case binder must be submitted for each case using the “LRS” submission type as further detailed in the FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module User Guide. Case binders must be formatted in accordance with the existing Uniform Case Binder Stacking order for Single Family Forward mortgages and the HECM Required Documents for Endorsement List for HECM mortgages with the “Left Side” appearing first.
By transmitting a case binder through the FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module, the Mortgagee is certifying that the documents submitted electronically are true and correct copies of the original documents.
For users who do not have access to the FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module
The Mortgagee may request access by completing the attached FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module Access Request form with the following information:
- Lender Name;
- FHA-approved Lender ID (full 10-digit number); and
- A list of every employee to be given access to FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module providing the following:
- Full Name
- Employee Company Email Address
- FHA Connection M-ID (MXXXXX)
NOTE: If the employee does not have access to FHA Connection, please request access to FHA Connection prior to requesting access to FHA Catalyst.
Mortgagee must email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email Subject line should read “FHA Catalyst User Access: Case Binder Module”. After the FHA Catalyst team completes the User Access Data entry, users will receive a notification from SalesForce with further details. Requests received from non-FHA-approved Mortgagees will be returned to the sender.
For additional information see:
- Mortgagee Letter 2020-29 available at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/letters/mortgagee
- Handbooks 4000.1 and 4235.1 REV-1 available at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh
- FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module User Guide is available on the FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module Website: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/FHACatalyst/casebinder
Note: Google Chrome or a different browser (other than Internet Explorer) must be used when accessing the FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module.