By transmitting a case binder through the FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module, the Mortgagee is certifying that the documents submitted electronically are true and correct copies of the original documents.
NOTE - The use of the FHA Catalyst: Case Binder module is optional at this time. Significant delays in endorsement processing times should be expected for processing of any paper case binders.
FHA is recommending if an FHA-approved non-Lender Insurance (LI) Mortgagee submitted a case binder to the HOC and the endorsement has not been completed that this file be submitted electronically through the new FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module application.
CASE BINDERS ELIGIBLE FOR SUBMISSION VIA THE FHA CATALYST: CASE BINDER MODULE:
- Forward mortgage submissions: The FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module may be used in conjunction with the following requirements in Handbook 4000.1 Section II.A.7.d:
- Non-Lender Insurance (non LI) Mortgagees may use the module for initial submission, and to re-submit case binders for reconsideration after a Notice of Return. Mortgagees exercising this option must also comply with the guidance in II.A.7.d.iii.
- Lender Insurance (LI) Mortgagees, not approved for electronic Case Binder (eCB) submission through FHA Connection, may use the module for submission of case binders for Severe Case Warnings. Mortgagees exercising this option must also comply with the guidance in II.A.7.d.vi. Mortgagees with Conditional Direct Endorsement Approval may use the module for initial submission of Test Cases. Mortgagees exercising this option must also comply with the guidance in I.A.5.a.iii(A)(3) and II.A.7.d.vii.
- HECM Mortgage Submissions: The FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module may be used for the following processes: initial case binder submission, Notice of Return case binder re-submission, and test case binder submission. Mortgagees exercising this option must also comply with the guidance in 24 CFR §206.115, Handbook 4235.1 REV-1 Chapter 6-11, ML 2014-22, and ML 2013-02.
Mortgagees approved for FHA’s existing electronic Case Binder (eCB) delivery method through FHA Connection (FHAC) must continue to send electronic binders through FHAC.
PROCESS TO REQUEST ACCESS TO THE FHA CATALYST: CASE BINDER MODULE
To access the new system, FHA-approved Mortgagees must complete the attached FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module Access Request form with the following information:
- Lender Name;
- FHA-approved Lender ID (full 10-digit number); and
- A list of each employee to be given access to FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module providing the following:
- Full Name
- Employee Company Email Address
- FHA Connection M-ID (MXXXXX)
Mortgagees are not charged any costs to sign up to use FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module.
To improve timeliness and efficiency, please submit — only one form — listing all staff requesting access.
Completed forms are to be emailed by the Mortgagee to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email Subject line should read “FHA Catalyst User Access: Case Binder Module”. After the FHA Catalyst team completes the User Access Data entry, users will receive a notification from SalesForce with further details. Requests received from non-FHA-approved Lenders will be returned to the sender.
For additional information see:
- Mortgagee Letter 2020-07 available at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/letters/mortgagee
- FHA INFO #20-26 available at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/FHA_info_messages
- Handbooks 4000.1 and 4235.1 REV-1 available at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh
- FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module User Guide is available on the FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module Website