- the Mortgagee’s request for a change in improvement location; and
- supporting documentation, including architectural exhibits, a copy of the permit, and a description of materials.
The Mortgagee must ensure that relocations are performed as follows:
- the Mortgagee obtains a good and valid first lien on the new lot;
- the lien of the insured Mortgage has been extended to cover the new lot and the old lot has or has not been released from the lien, as appropriate;
- all damages to the Structure before, during, or after the relocation are repaired without cost to HUD; and
- the new lot is in an area known to be reasonably free from natural hazards or, if in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), the community participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and the Property will be insured against floods.
Additional questions may be directed to the HUD National Servicing Center at (877) 622-8525.
For policy information see Handbook 4000.1 III.A.1.j.iv.(A) at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh