- a mortgage modification document, in the form of:
- an amended original Note, with all changes initialed by all parties; or
- a modification agreement executed by all parties;
- documentation evidencing that criteria for modifying the Mortgage with or without HUD approval, as appropriate, were met;
- documentation showing calculations of the modified principal amount and the new monthly payment amount; and
- proof that any unpaid escrow added to the new principal amount was credited to the Borrower’s escrow account.
For policy information see Handbook 4000.1 III.A.1.j.ii.(F)(1) at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh