The institution’s application coordinators may assign the Certifying Official authorization role to up to three corporate officers’ user IDs. The application coordinators may assign annual certification authority by completing these steps:
- sign into the FHA Connection (FHAC)
- click on "ID Maintenance"
- click on “FHA Connection ID Administration”
- enter the user ID of the corporate officer who will do the annual certification in the "By ID" field
- click send
- scroll down to "Authorization for Lender Electronic Assessment Portal Applications",
- check “Certifying Official”
- click "Send".
The change is effective the next business day.
To register a corporate officer in LEAP, the Mortgagee must:
- include a cover letter signed by a Corporate Officer summarizing the business change(s); and
- submit any required documents as specified in Handbook 4000.1 I.A.3 or as described in the LEAP User Manual.
Handbook 4000.1 is available at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh
The FHA Connection User Guide is available at: https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/mrtg-pkg.cfm