The LI Mortgagee must submit the case binder within 10 business days of the request.
If approved to submit electronic Case Binders (eCBs), the LI Mortgagee must submit the eCB through the FHA Connection (FHAC). The LI Mortgagee must follow the requirements in the Electronic Case Binders Developer’s Guide.
LI Mortgagees not authorized to submit electronic case binders through FHAC, must use the FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module to submit cases selected for post-endorsement review in the Loan Review System.
The LI Mortgagee may view requested case binders using the FHAC Binder Selection Screen available on the Origination Case Processing Menu in FHAC. Reviewing this list daily will keep the Mortgagee informed of FHA’s case binder requests. Applicable addresses for submitting case binders to the requesting HUD office can be found on this page by clicking on the Submit Binder To link on the FHAC Case Binder Selection screen.
For additional information, see:
- Handbook 4000.1 II.A.7.e.iii and iv; and V.C.3.b available at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh
- Mortgagee Letter 2020-29 available at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/letters/mortgagee
- The LRS Lender User Manual can be accessed using the Loan Review System link in the Lender Performance section at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/lender
- FHA Connection User Guide: https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/mrtg-pkg.cfm
- The Electronic Case Binder Developer’s Guide can be accessed using the Lender Insurance Program link in the Approvals & Renewals section at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/lender
- FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module User Guide is available on the FHA Catalyst: Case Binder Module Website