Does FHA have a program for a borrower who wants to obtain a home improvement loan?

HUD's Title I Property Improvement program can be used by a borrower to obtain financing for a property improvement loan. The borrower must have a good credit history and the ability to repay the loan in regular monthly payments.

For more information on the Title I Property Improvement Program, please visit the following HUD website:

or see "Fixing Up your Home and How to Finance It" available at: 

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-04927