How do I obtain a payoff or subordination of a second lien held by HUD?

Contact HUD’s Servicing contractor, Novad Management Consulting (Novad) to request a payoff or subordination of a second lien held by HUD.  Novad is also responsible for FHA Single Family Secretary-Held Assets including:

  • Partial Claims subordinate mortgages
  • Good Neighbor Next Door (GNND) second mortgages
  • Secretary-Held Title II mortgages
  • Section 235 subordinate mortgages
  • Nehemiah subordinate mortgages
  • Hope for Homeowners (H4H)
  • Emergency Home Loan Program (EHLP)
  • Purchase Money Mortgage

 Novad’s contact Information is:
Novad Management Consulting
Shepherd Mall
2401 NW 23rd Street, Suite 1A1
Oklahoma City, OK 73107 
Fax Number: (800) 489-1733 
Payoff requests for all Secretary-Held mortgages:
Borrower inquiries (Forward):

Novad’s information is located on HUD’s webpage Secretary-Held Assets Servicing Contractor at:

Any questions may be directed to the FHA Resource Center Toll-Free Telephone Number at (800) CALLFHA (225-5342) or by email to  Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. 

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-04885