Who selects the 203(k) Consultant for a Standard 203(k) transaction?

For a Standard 203(k), the mortgagee must select an FHA-approved 203(k) Consultant from the FHA 203(k) Consultant Roster in FHA Connection. The mortgagee must not use the services of a Consultant who has demonstrated previous poor performance based on reviews performed by the mortgagee.  

The 203(k) Consultant Roster is available at  https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/protect/f17cnsltdata.cfm  

For additional information see Handbook 4000.1 II.A.8.a.vi(C) at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-04871