Instructions for submitting case binders for FHA mortgage insurance can be found in Handbook 4000.1 II.A.7.d. and II.A.7.e.iii.
The Mortgagee must ensure that all case binders are complete, meet FHA specifications, and contain all required documents arranged in the correct stacking order. The uniform case binder must be color coded as follows:
- Yellow - Cases submitted for Mortgagees with Lender Insurance (LI) authority
- Manila – Cases submitted for Mortgagees without LI authority
- Green – Test Cases submitted for Mortgagees who receive a Direct Endorsement (DE) program Test Case phase approval letter from HUD’s Homeownership Center dated on or before May 14, 2017
- Blue – Test Cases submitted for Mortgagees who receive a DE program Test Case phase approval letter from HUD’s Homeownership Center dated on or after May 15, 2017
The Mortgagee must complete the front of the binder, and write the case number on the side and bottom tabs of the binder and ensure that all required documents, as applicable, are arranged in the stacking order found in Handbook 4000.1 II.A.7.d.ii.(C). All Test Case submissions must be marked with “Test Case” in large letters on the front of the folder.
For additional information see:
- Handbook 4000.1 Sections II.A.7.d ; II.A.7.e.iii. and II.A.7.d.ii.(C) available at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh
- Mortgagee Letter 2016-21 at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/letters/mortgagee