How do I correct a mortgage insurance certificate?

To obtain a correction to the Mortgage Insurance Certificate (MIC), the Mortgagee must submit the MIC Correction Request form with supporting documentation to the FHA Resource Center. This form may be used to correct the property address, borrower name, ADP Code, maturity and first payments dates, Principal and Interest (P&I), interest rate, Social Security Number, FHA case number, mortgage amount or other information contained in the MIC, or to add a co-borrower. 
The MIC Correction Request form can be found at
Email the MIC Correction Request form and any necessary supporting documentation to  
  • Put MIC CORRECTION and the FHA Case Number in the subject line; 
  • Include the FHA case number in the request;
  • Attach supporting documents in a PDF file;
  • Send only one request per email. 

For additional information see Handbook 4000.1 II.A.7.e.ii.(C) at

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-04541