- significant appraisal deficiencies, including non-compliance with Civil Rights requirements regarding appraisals
- losing standing as a state-certified appraiser due to disciplinary action in any state in which the appraiser is certified
- losing standing as a state-certified appraiser due to expiration of a state certification (FHA allows a 30-day grace period)
- prosecution for committing, attempting to commit, or conspiring to commit fraud, misrepresentation, or any other offense that may reflect on the appraiser’s character or integrity
- failure to perform appraisal functions in accordance with instructions and standards issued by HUD
- failure to comply with any agreement made between the appraiser and HUD or with any certification made by the appraiser
- issuance of a final debarment, suspension, or limited denial of participation
- failure to maintain eligibility requirements for placement on the Appraiser Roster; or
- failure to comply with HUD-imposed education requirements
An appraiser that is debarred, suspended, subject to a limited denial of participation or has lost standing as a state-certified appraiser due to disciplinary action or expiration of a state certification, will be automatically removed from the FHA Appraiser Roster and notified of the removal.
In all other cases, the appraiser will be given written notice of the proposed removal, and the notice will include the reasons for the proposed removal and the duration of the proposed removal. Removal from the FHA Appraiser Roster may be for a period of up to 12 months. If removal is the result of expiration or a disciplinary action by the licensing state, removal from the FHA Appraiser Roster will remain in effect until the appraisal credentials are reinstated by the issuing state.
An appraiser can determine their status on the FHA Appraiser Roster at https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/apprlook.cfm
For more information visit the FHA Roster Appraisers web page at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/appr
and Handbook 4000.1 I.B.1 and V.E.5.e.i(C) at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh