No. The Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Social Security Number (SSN) associated with the Principal Broker’s Name and Address Identification Number (NAID) cannot be modified. A new NAID must be requested to identify a new EIN/SSN.
To obtain a new NAID:
- Go to the HUD HomeStore website at: http://www.hudhomestore.com;
- Click the NAID Application Portal tab on the gray menu bar at the top of the page;
- Click the “Here” link inside the message bubble to access the NAID Application Portal;
- Click on Apply for a new NAID;
- Compete the Prescreening and Registration process;
- In the NAID Application Menu click on Add New Payee (Add New NAID Application);
- Review/complete the Online Application Information;
- Log in to the NAID Application Portal and select the Add NEW Payee button, complete the necessary forms, and upload the required documents;
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Letter 147C or other official IRS document reflecting the business name and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or, if operating under a Social Security Number (SSN), a copy of the Social Security card;
- A copy of the current driver’s license with an expiration date;
- A copy of the first page of a recent telephone bill, utility bill or bank statement that lists the address and company or Broker name shown on form SAMS-1111;
- A copy of the active real estate broker’s license with an expiration date;
- Click Save and Continue Working on the Application;
- Click the Close button;
- Click the Save and Submit Application to HUD for Review button; and
- In the alert screen, click OK.
The application will be submitted to HUD for review, notification of any further required actions, and completing the E-Signature /NAID Creation process.
Use of the Google Chrome browser is strongly recommended when accessing the NAID Application Portal.
A copy of the NAID-Add New Payee and Add New NAID to Existing Payee Guide for Principal Brokers containing detailed instruction on using the NAID Application Portal is provided at: https://www.hudhomestore.com/ListingSiteFAQ.htm
The applicant may send a request for additional information by email to: email@example.com or call the FHA Resource Center at: 1-800-225-5342.
Real Estate Broker NAID policy is in Handbook 4000.1 I.B.5.b.ii. and I.B.5.c.i. at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh