No. The Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Social Security Number (SSN) associated with the principal broker’s Name and Address Identification Number (NAID) cannot be modified. A new NAID must be requested to identify a new EIN/SSN.
To obtain a new NAID, log in to the NAID Application Portal and select the Add NEW Payee button, complete the necessary forms, and upload all required documents.
The required information and documentation is listed below:
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Letter 147C or other official IRS document reflecting the business name and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or, if operating under a Social Security Number (SSN), a copy of the Social Security card
- A copy of the active real estate broker’s license with an expiration date
- A copy of the current driver’s license with an expiration date
- A recent utility bill or bank statement that lists the address and company or broker name shown on form SAMS-1111.
- Click Save, Submit Application, and OK. The application will be submitted to HUD for review and action.
Using Google Chrome is strongly recommended when accessing the NAID Application Portal.
Online videos and a copy of the NAID Application Portal User Guide for Selling Brokers containing detailed instruction on using the NAID Application Portal are provided at: https://www.hudhomestore.com/ListingSiteFAQ.htm for your reference.
The applicant may send a request for additional information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the FHA Resource Center at 1-800-225-5342.
Real Estate Broker NAID policy is in Handbook 4000.1 Sections I.B.5.b.ii. and I.B.5.c.i. at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh