FHA allows originations between a TPO and an unconditional Direct Endorsement (DE) Mortgagee that meet the following:
- The TPO must originate the loan.
- The DE Mortgagee must underwrite the loan.
- The loan can be funded and closed by the TPO if the TPO is an FHA approved Mortgagee.
- The FHA approved Mortgagee serving as the TPO on the loan will not be able to access the loan file in the FHA Connection (FHAC).
- A relationship between a TPO and an unconditional DE Mortgagee must be registered by the DE Mortgagee in FHAC.
For additional information see Handbook 4000.1 I.A.5.a.i.(A)(1)&(3); II.A.1.a.iii.(A)(1); II.A.1.a.iii.(B)(1)(b) available at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh