Where can I find appraiser and property requirements for Section 203(k) loans?

The Appraiser and Property requirements for Title II forward and reverse mortgages are in Handbook 4000.1 II.D

Additional requirements for the Standard 203(k) and Limited 203(k) Rehabilitation Mortgages are in Handbook 4000.1 II.A.8 and 4000.1 II D.12.c

For additional information see Handbook 4000.1 II.D and II.A.8. and II.D.12.c available at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh

Instructions detailing specific requirements for reporting the results of the appraisal are found in the FHA Single Family Housing Appraisal Report and Data Delivery Guide at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/handbook_references
Additional information is provided in Mortgagee Letter 2019-18 available at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/letters/mortgagee

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-04017