If a project is rejected or withdrawn on the FHA-approved condominium list, the project will not be eligible for reconsideration unless the request meets the following. If the project was:
-REJECTED/WITHDRAWN IN PREVIOUS 12 MONTHS (Based on the rejection or withdrawal date)
New/additional information (documentation) may be submitted to HUD for reconsideration only under the HUD Review and Approval Process (HRAP) processing option. A new Project Certification (Appendix A from Mortgagee Letter (ML) 2012-18) is also required on reconsideration requests if the submitter of the reconsideration request is not the original package submitter.
-REJECTED/WITHDRAWN MORE THAN 12 MONTHS
A new approval package may be submitted to HUD for processing.
If a project is no longer approved or does not meet approval criteria, FHA insured units in the project remain eligible for FHA-to-FHA streamline refinances, notwithstanding whether such transactions require an appraisal.
To identify the jurisdictional Homeownership Center (HOC) for the state where the condominium project is located you may go to https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/sfhhocs
-HUD Atlanta Homeownership Center
Attn: Processing & Underwriting - Condo Project Approval
Five Points Plaza
40 Marietta Street
Atlanta, GA 30303-2806
-HUD Denver Homeownership Center
Technical Support Branch, 21st Fl
Denver, CO 80202-4801
-HUD Philadelphia Homeownership Center
Attn: Processing and Underwriting - Condo Project Approval
The Wanamaker Building
100 Penn Square East
Philadelphia, PA 19107-3389
-HUD Santa Ana Homeownership Center
Attn: Condo Project Processing
Santa Ana Federal Building
34 Civic Center Plaza, Room 7015
Santa Ana, CA 92701-4003
Please allow for 30 days processing time from the receipt of the complete document package by the HOC.
For more information regarding condominium projects refer to:
- The FHA Condominium Mortgage Insurance page at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/ins/sfh_ins_condominiums
- Mortgagee Letter (ML) 11-22 and Condominium Project Approval and Processing Guide
- ML 12-18 Temporary Approval Provisions for FHA Condominium Project Approval
- ML 15-27 Additional Temporary Approval Provisions for FHA Condominium Project Approval
- ML 16-15 FHA Condominium Project Approval – Owner Occupancy Requirements
- Note: The Temporary Provisions in ML 12-18 and ML 15-27, as modified by ML 2016-15, are effective until HUD publishes and implements the Final Rule of Condominium Project Approval through publication of the Condominium Project Approval Section of HUD Handbook 4000.1, as extended by ML 2017-13.
Mortgagee Letters are available at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/letters/mortgagee
To search for approved condominiums please visit https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm