Where should Mortgagees report a property purchased by a third party at foreclosure through CWCOT?

If a third party purchased the Property at foreclosure through Claims Without Conveyance of Title (CWCOT) procedures, the Mortgagee must report in Single Family Default Monitoring System (SFDMS) the appropriate Claim Termination of Insurance Code.
SFDMS Reporting Codes are available on The Single Family Housing Policy Handbook (SF Handbook; HUD Handbook 4000.1) Supplemental Documents web page at:

Questions related to the SFDMS may be emailed to sfdatarequests@hud.gov  HUD's Single Family Delinquency / Default Reporting web page is available at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/nsc/sfdms

See policy in Handbook 4000.1 Section III.A.2.p. at:


All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-03906