How do I deal with a servicing issue in which the mortgage loan is not insured by FHA?

You should first contact your Lender/Servicer with your questions.  If your problem is related to past due payments ask to speak to someone in your Lender/Servicer's Loss Mitigation Division.

You can submit a complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) about applying for a mortgage, being approved or denied credit, understanding the loan, making payments, signing the agreement or specific problems when you’re unable to pay. The CFPB will forward your complaint to the company and work to get a response from them. More information is available on the CFPB web site at
If you are having a hard time making payments, or are behind on your mortgage, you may also wish to contact a HUD approved housing counseling agency in your area for unbiased counseling on your particular situation. You can locate a counseling agency in your area by going to the following web page: 

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-03843