How does a Mortgagee submit Single Family Insurance Claims Remittances?

Where a claim payment included an inaccurate amount, which results in money owed by the Mortgagee to HUD, the Mortgagee must:
  • remit the amount due via, using the Claim Remittance functions in FHA Connection (FHAC); and
  • retain (within the Claim Review File) a supplemental claim Part A, explaining how the overpayment occurred in the “Mortgagee’s comments” section. 
Claim Remittance can be accessed through FHAC by selecting Single Family FHA, Single Family Servicing, and Claims Processing.

Banking information can be entered securely during the one-time cash flow account setup using Cash Flow Account Setup in the Lender Electronic Assessment Portal (LEAP).   For LEAP Information, including the LEAP User Manual, please visit the FHA Lenders page, Approvals and Renewal section, at

Guidance and instruction regarding the Claim Remittance process can be found at   

If you have any questions concerning this process, please contact the Single Family Claims Branch via email at

FHA policy information on claim overpayments and funds due to HUD is available in Handbook 4000.1 Section IV.A.2.c.iii. at

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-03766