The pre-closing package must include the following documents:
- The Closing Disclosure or similar legal document and signature affidavits:
- If the buyer has obtained new FHA financing, the Closing Agent must ensure that the FHA case number is listed on Line 8; or
- If the buyer has not obtained new FHA financing, the Closing Agent must ensure that the previous FHA case number associated with that Property is listed in the “Seller Name” block of the Closing Disclosure or similar legal document;
- the deed prepared by Closing Agent;
- supporting documentation of any charges to HUD on the Closing Disclosure or similar legal document, such as past due bills for utilities or HOAs;
- recent tax documentation from the county;
- mortgagee documents itemizing all costs to be paid by HUD;
- copies of the extension fee payment, if applicable;
- the seller’s affidavit, if applicable;
- Closing Agent contact information; and
- a signed copy of the Closing Instructions.
Within two business days of closing, the Closing Agent must upload into P260 and mail to the AM a Final Closing Package including all of the following:
- all pages of the Closing Instructions and certifications;
- the final Closing Disclosure or similar legal document and all signed certifications;
- evidence the deed was delivered for recordation or a recorded copy;
- a copy of the wire confirmation proceeds transfer to the U.S. Treasury;
- a copy of form SAMS-1103, Request to Wire Transfer Funds;
- a copy of all applicable invoices or receipts of Disbursements; and
- a copy of the disbursement log accounting for all incoming and outgoing funds related to the transaction.
For Good Neighbor Next Door (GNND) transactions, no later than five business days after closing, the Closing Agent must also send to the AM the following:
- the original Note;
- a copy of the Mortgage with evidence that it was delivered for recording; and
- a copy of the recorded Mortgage, when available.
For additional information please contact the Asset Manager with jurisdiction over the property. To locate contact information for the Asset Manager please visit the HUD Home Store website at https://www.hudhomestore.com/ and click “Help” in the gray tool bar.
For policy information see Handbook 4000.1 Section IV.B.2.k.v. at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh