Where can I find housing counseling services?

To locate a HUD-approved housing counseling agency in your area you can: Additional counseling resources (including senior citizens):
Housing counseling agencies can give you advice on buying a home, renting, defaults, foreclosures, credit issues, and reverse mortgages.

If you’re among those financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, you might be concerned about how to pay your mortgage or rent. Federal and state governments have announced plans to help struggling homeowners during this time. For more information:  https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/blog/guide-coronavirus-mortgage-relief-options/
Benefits.gov is an online resource to help you find federal benefits you may be eligible for in the United States.  Visit https://www.benefits.gov/ for more information and a link to the Benefit Finder, to find information on government benefits you may be eligible to receive.

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-03524