- Access an on-line list of HUD-approved housing counseling agencies: https://apps.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm or through the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB):
- Call HUD's interactive voice system toll-free at 1-800-569-4287
- Additional housing counseling information is also available at: https://www.hud.gov/i_want_to/talk_to_a_housing_counselor
- To search for a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Counseling Agency: https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/hecm_agency_look.cfm
- The National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC): 1-800-388-2227
- Money Management International (MMI): 1-866-889-9347
- Clearpoint Financial Solutions (Division of Money Management International): 1-800-750-2227
- National Council on Aging (NCOA): 1-855-899-3778 or https://www.ncoa.org/
Housing counseling agencies can give you advice on buying a home, renting, defaults, foreclosures, credit issues, and reverse mortgages.
If you’re among those financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, you might be concerned about how to pay your mortgage or rent. Federal and state governments have announced plans to help struggling homeowners during this time. For more information: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/blog/guide-coronavirus-mortgage-relief-options/
Benefits.gov is an online resource to help you find federal benefits you may be eligible for in the United States. Visit https://www.benefits.gov/ for more information and a link to the Benefit Finder, to find information on government benefits you may be eligible to receive.