A condominium project ID number is not required to obtain a case number in FHA Connection for a site condominium that does not require project approval.
Condominium project approval is not required for Site Condominiums meeting all of the below defined requirements.
- Are single family totally detached dwellings (no shared garages or any other attached buildings e.g., archways, breezeways); and
- Encumbered by a declaration of condominium covenants or condominium form of ownership; and
- The condominium unit consists of the entire structure as well as the site and air space and are not considered to be common areas or limited common areas; and
- Insurance and maintenance costs are totally the responsibility of the unit owner; and
- Any common assessments collected will be for amenities outside of the footprint of the individual site.
Site Condominiums that do not meet this definition require full project approval.
Manufactured Housing Condominium Projects (MHCP) may not be treated as Site Condominiums - these projects require approval under the HRAP option.
Modular homes are processed as single family homes for insurance purposes and are eligible to be treated as Site Condominiums as long as they meet the stated definition.
For more information regarding condominium projects refer to
- FHA Condominium Mortgage Insurance Page
- Mortgagee Letter 2011-22 and Attachment(s)
- Search for approved condominiums