The guidance in this FAQ is effective for case numbers assigned on or after October 15th, 2019.
A condominium project ID number is not required to obtain a case number in FHA Connection for a Site Condominium that does not require Condominium Project Approval or a Single-Unit Approval (SUA).
A Site Condominium refers to:
- a Condominium Project that consists entirely of single family detached dwellings that have no shared garages, or any other attached buildings; or
- a Condominium Project that:
- consists of single family detached or horizontally attached (townhouse) dwellings where the unit consists of the dwelling and land;
- does not contain any Manufactured Housing units; and
- is encumbered by a declaration of condominium covenants or a condominium form of ownership.
Manufactured Housing Condominium Projects (MHCP) may not be treated as Site Condominiums - these projects require approval under the HUD Review and Approval Process (HRAP) option.
Additional information regarding Site Condominiums can be located in: Handbook 4000.1 II.A.8.p.iv. available at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh
For more information regarding condominium projects refer to:
- The FHA Condominium Mortgage Insurance page at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/ins/sfh_ins_condominiums
- To search for FHA-approved condominiums please visit: https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm