How do I file a complaint against a Federal Savings and Loan?

The Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC) is the primary regulator of national banks and federal savings associations (thrifts).

To obtain information on consumer services or file a complaint, visit their website at

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-03198