How do I place a bid on a HUD Home?

Homebuyers, including Good Neighbor Next Door (GNND) participants, must use a HUD-registered Selling Broker or Selling Agent to place a bid on their behalf to buy a HUD Home.

To locate HUD-registered Selling Brokers in your area, visit the HUD Homes website at: and click on the subheading “Broker Search” in the gray tool bar.

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-03087