Who do I contact if I have complaints about the maintenance of a HUD Home?

Please contact HUD’s Field Service Manager (FSM) contractor with concerns about the maintenance of a HUD Home (HUD real estate owned [REO]/HUD-owned single family property). You may find the FSM contact information on a placard at the property or get the FSM name and contact information on HUD’s listing website at: https://www.HUDHomestore.com

• Click on Property Contacts in the gray tool bar;

• Enter the FHA Case Number in the “Property Case#” field and click “Search"; or

• Select in the drop down menu the state where the property is located

o Enter the street name

o Enter the City, Zip Code, or County and click “Search”

• Click on the “Property Case#” field.

Properties that have not been conveyed to HUD are not listed on this website. Until HUD accepts the conveyance, including properties where a deed to HUD has been filed, the lender remains responsible for the maintenance of the property. Concerns about the maintenance of a property before the property has been conveyed to HUD will need to be discussed with the lender.

If the problem is not resolved by the FSM or the lender, you may contact the FHA Resource Center at 1-800-CALL-FHA (1-800-225-5342) for help.


HQ Policy Determination

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-02866