How do I lodge a complaint about the condition of a home not insured by FHA?

HUD doesn't have any jurisdiction over property and appraisal issues that do not involve an FHA insured mortgage. You may want to discuss your concerns with the housing agency/agencies in your state that oversee the mortgage and appraisal industries or a real estate attorney to determine what legal remedies may be available to you. To identify the appropriate state agency, refer to the Blue Pages of your telephone book.

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-02862