Who do I talk to about damage found on a closed HUD Home sale?

Please contact the Asset Manager with jurisdiction over the property.  To locate contact information for the Asset Manager please visit the HUD Homestore website at https://www.hudhomestore.com/ and click “Help” in the gray tool bar.
If the Asset Manager is unable to provide assistance on this matter, please contact the FHA Resource Center at:
Phone: 1-800-CALL-FHA (1-800-225-5342)
Email: answers@hud.gov

If contacting the FHA Resource Center via email, please provide your contact information, the full property address and if available, the property case number which was included on the purchase documents.

HQ Policy Determination

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-02683