The Case Query function in FHA Connection (FHAC) allows FHA approved lenders to search for a borrower’s FHA case number using relevant case information, such as property address, borrower name or SSN/TIN. After retrieving the case number, the lender can view details in Case Query including the last action of the case, property address, case type, upfront and annual MIP factors, MIP amount/received date, and dates of specific actions, such as appraisal or closing package logging and insurance endorsement.
To search for a case number using the Case Query function:
1. Select Case Query from the Case Processing menu. This opens the initial Case Query page
2. Select the Field Office territory in which the property is located
3. Choose one of the following fields and enter the appropriate data:
• Name: Last name, first name; or
• SSN/TIN: 9-digit number
4. Click > Send
5. The Case Query Results - SUCCESS page will display detailed case information, including the case number and the FHA mortgage insurance endorsement date which is shown as the INSURANCE DATE
For complete instructions on constructing queries in FHAC refer to the FHA Connection Guide at https://entp.hud.gov/pdf/mp_sfo06_csprocfnct.pdf
Lenders that cannot locate the FHA Case Number using FHAC may contact the FHA Resource Center at 1-800-CALL-FHA (1-800-225-5342) to obtain the FHA Case Number. The lender will be asked to provide the property address, borrower name and SSN.
After obtaining the FHA Case Number, the FHA approved lender may obtain the borrower’s endorsement date by accessing Case Query in FHAC. Enter the FHA Case Number and click Send. If the case number is archived, the Details box at the bottom of the page will provide the endorsement date of the loan.