HUD or FHA is garnishing my tax refund, how can I get more information?

HUD may garnish wages or offset tax refunds to collect an outstanding debt owed to the Department. Debt collection for FHA debts is administered by the Albany Financial Operations Center. For more information contact the Center at 1-800-669-5152.

HQ Policy Determination

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-02656