What can a subcontractor do if they were not paid by the M&M contractor for the work they performed?

Subcontractors seeking payment for work performed for a HUD Management and Marketing (M&M) contractor may be able to obtain assistance by contacting the Wage and Hour Division of the Department of Labor (DOL).

The website is located at https://www.dol.gov/whd/america2.htm

Click on the appropriate state to locate your local office.

The sub-contractor may file a civil suit against the prime contractor.

Absent either the civil court ruling or DOL decision, HUD has no direct mechanism to enforce subcontractor payment.

HUD Policy Determination

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-02604