How do I correct the borrower or co-borrower’s name in Neighborhood Watch for an insured mortgage?

In order to have the name of the borrower or co-borrower changed for an insured mortgage in Neighborhood Watch the Mortgagee must submit the Mortgage Insurance Certificate (MIC) Correction Request form with supporting documentation to the FHA Resource Center. Once the MIC Correction Request has been completed, the name change will appear in the case details in Neighborhood Watch no later than the next monthly data refresh.
The MIC Correction Request form can be found at  
Email the MIC Correction Request form and any necessary supporting documentation to  
  • Insert "MIC CORRECTION" and the FHA Case Number in the "Subject" line; 
  • Include the FHA case number in the request;
  • Attach supporting documents in a PDF file;
  • Send only one request per email.  
If you have any additional questions please contact the FHA Resource Center at (800) CALL FHA, or (800) 225-5342.

For additional information see Handbook 4000.1 II.A.7.e.ii.(C) at

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-02549