The Mortgagee must provide the Appraiser with a fully executed form HUD-92541 Builder’s Certification of Plans, Specifications and Site, signed and dated no more than 30 Days prior to the date the appraisal was ordered, and
• For Properties 90 percent completed or less, the Mortgagee must provide a copy of the floor plan, plot plan, and any other exhibits necessary to allow the Appraiser to determine the size and level of finish of the home they are appraising.
• For Properties greater that 90 percent but less than 100 percent complete, the Mortgagee must provide the Appraiser with a list of components to be installed or completed after the date of inspection.
Mortgagees need not retain or submit to FHA the plot plan, floor plan, exterior elevations, sections and details, specifications, or form HUD-92005 Description of Materials.
FHA requires the submission and retention of the following documents for any new construction one year old or less on which maximum financing (greater than 90% LTV) is obtained:
• Builder’s Certification of Plans, Specifications and Site, form HUD-92541
• Warranty of Completion of Construction, form HUD-92544
• evidence that the property was pre-approved, with an Early Start Letter or copy of building permit issued by local authority prior to the start of construction;
• required inspections;
• Wood Infestation Report (HUD-NPMA-99-A, Subterranean Termite Protection Builder’s Guarantee/HUD-NPMA-99-B, New Construction Subterranean Termite Service Record), unless the Property is located in an area of no- to slight-infestation as indicated on HUD’s Termite Treatment Exception Areas web page;
• Local Health Authority well water analysis and/or septic report, where required by the local jurisdictional authority. See Handbook 4000.1, Section II.A.8.i.vii.(A)(6)(a)-(b).
For additional information see:
• Handbook 4000.1 Section II.A.8.i.iii and II.A.7.d.ii.(C) available at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh
• Federal Register (Docket No. FR-6029-F-01 available at: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/search?conditions%5Bterm%5D=FR-6029-F-01#
• HUD’s Termite Treatment Exception Areas can be accessed at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/handbook_references
HUD Policy Determination