How do I file a complaint against a credit union?

If you have a problem, the best place to have it fixed is at its source (the lender, settlement agent, broker, etc.) If that approach fails and you think you have suffered because of a violation of federal law, you may be entitled to sue in a federal or state court. This is a matter you should discuss with your attorney. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) is the regulator and primary enforcement authority for federal credit unions. For more information or to file a complaint, visit the referenced web site at or call 1-800-755-1030 (Monday-Friday 8 AM - 5 PM ET).

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-02453