What documentation is needed to release the existing recorded HECM 2nd lien mortgage?

The Lender must submit evidence to support the 1st mortgage has been paid in full or provide a copy of the lien release that was sent for recording.

This information is sent to HUD's Loan Servicing Contractor:

Novad Management Consulting
Shepherd’s Mall
2401 NW 23rd Street, Suite 1A1
Oklahoma City, OK 73107

Toll-Free Telephone Number: (800) CALLFHA (225-5342)
Fax Number: (800) 489-1733

Borrower inquiries (HECM or Forward)

HECM Servicer inquiries

Extensions and Variances Automated Requests System (EVARS) and E-Class assistance

Payoff requests for Secretary-Held HECM mortgages:

HUD Policy Determination

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-02442