A Live/Work Condominium Project refers to a Condominium Project that allows space within the individual Unit to be used jointly for non-residential and residential purposes.
The Mortgagee must verify that:
- the Condominium Project governing documents allow Live/Work arrangements.
- the individual Live/Work Unit does not contain more than 49 percent Commercial/Non-Residential Space.
For case numbers assigned prior to October 15, 2019, information is available in:
- Mortgagee Letter (ML) 2011-22 Condominium Approval Process for Single Family Housing – Consolidation and Update of Approval Requirements and the attached Condominium Project Approval and Processing Guide provides the requirements and procedures for obtaining FHA condominium project approval.
- ML 2012-18 Temporary Approval Provisions for FHA Condominium Project Approval provides temporary condominium project approval guideline changes to address current housing market conditions.
- ML 2015-27 Additional Temporary Approval Provisions for FHA Condominium Project Approval
- ML 2016-15 FHA Condominium Project Approval – Owner Occupancy Requirements modifies the Condominium Project Approval and Processing Guide, attachment to ML 2011-22, in order to implement the Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2016 (HOTMA) requirements and establish the required owner-occupancy percentage that must be met for purposes of FHA project approval.
For more information regarding condominium projects refer to:
- The FHA Condominium Mortgage Insurance page at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/ins/sfh_ins_condominiums
- To search for FHA-approved condominiums please visit: https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm