A case number will not be assigned prior to a condominium project receiving approval through either HUD Review and Approval Process (HRAP) or Direct Endorsement Lender Review and Approval Process (DELRAP).
All condominium projects that have been approved are listed in the FHA Connection and the condo look up website page.
To determine if a project is already approved, you may go to the FHA Condominiums page located at: https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm
Condo project approval is not required for:
- FHA/HUD Real Estate Owned (REO) properties
- FHA-to-FHA streamline refinance transactions
- Site condominiums meeting the requirements described in Mortgagee Letter (ML) 2011-22, Attachment Condominium Project Approval and Processing Guide and ML 2012-18.
Manufactured Housing Condominium Projects may not be treated as site condominiums and must be approved by FHA (HRAP).
For more information regarding condominium projects refer to:
- The FHA Condominium Mortgage Insurance page at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/ins/sfh_ins_condominiums
- ML 2011-22 and Condominium Project Approval and Processing Guide
- ML 2012-18 Temporary Approval Provisions for FHA Condominium Project Approval
- ML 2015-27 Additional Temporary Approval Provisions for FHA Condominium Project Approval
- ML 2016-15 FHA Condominium Project Approval – Owner Occupancy Requirements
- Note: The Temporary Provisions in ML 12-18 and ML 15-27, as modified by ML 2016-15, are effective until HUD publishes and implements the Final Rule of Condominium Project Approval through publication of the Condominium Project Approval Section of HUD Handbook 4000.1, as extended by ML 2017-13.