The inquirer should contact the Homeowners' Association (HOA) to determine if a particular street is located in the development.
Other sources of information may include the appraiser, title company, builder/developer, etc.
For case numbers assigned on or after October 15, 2019, condominium project approval requirements and submission procedures can be located in: Handbook 4000.1, Section II.C.2 and II.C.3 available at:
For case numbers assigned prior to October 15, 2019, information is available in:
- Mortgagee Letter (ML) 2011-22 Condominium Approval Process for Single Family Housing – Consolidation and Update of Approval Requirements and the attached Condominium Project Approval and Processing Guide provides the requirements and procedures for obtaining FHA condominium project approval.
- ML 2012-18 Temporary Approval Provisions for FHA Condominium Project Approval provides temporary condominium project approval guideline changes to address current housing market conditions.
- ML 2015-27 Additional Temporary Approval Provisions for FHA Condominium Project Approval
- ML 2016-15 FHA Condominium Project Approval – Owner Occupancy Requirements modifies the Condominium Project Approval and Processing Guide, attachment to ML 2011-22, in order to implement the Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2016 (HOTMA) requirements and establish the required owner-occupancy percentage that must be met for purposes of FHA project approval.
Note: The Temporary Provisions in ML 12-18 and ML 15-27, as modified by ML 2016-15, are effective until HUD publishes and implements the Final Rule of Condominium Project Approval through publication of the Condominium Project Approval Section of HUD Handbook 4000.1, as extended by ML 2017-13. Mortgagee Letters are available at:
For more information regarding condominium projects refer to:
- The FHA Condominium Mortgage Insurance page at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/ins/sfh_ins_condominiums
- To search for approved condominiums please visit https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm