The inquirer should contact the Homeowners' Association (HOA) to determine if a particular street is located in the development.
Other sources of information may include the appraiser, title company, builder/developer, etc.
For more information regarding condominium projects refer to:
- The FHA Condominium Mortgage Insurance page at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/ins/sfh_ins_condominiums
- Mortgagee Letter (ML) 11-22 and Condominium Project Approval and Processing Guide
- ML 12-18 Temporary Approval Provisions for FHA Condominium Project Approval
- ML 15-27 Additional Temporary Approval Provisions for FHA Condominium Project Approval
- ML 16-15 FHA Condominium Project Approval – Owner Occupancy Requirements
- Note: The Temporary Provisions in ML 12-18 and ML 15-27, as modified by ML 2016-15, are effective until HUD publishes and implements the Final Rule of Condominium Project Approval through publication of the Condominium Project Approval Section of HUD Handbook 4000.1, as extended by ML 2017-13.
To search for approved condominiums please visit https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm