A Manufactured Home Condominium Project (MHCP) refers to a Condominium Project that consists of two or more Manufactures Homes.
To be eligible, MHCPs must:
- be processed and approved under the HUD Review and Approval Process (HRAP) options; and
- comply with the general FHA Condominium Project Approval requirements.
All outstanding and current FHA Manufactured Housing individual unit requirements remain applicable for both Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM) and forward mortgages, including elevations in flood zones and foundation requirements.
All Manufactured Housing Condominium Project (MHCP) approval requests must be submitted to the jurisdictional Homeownership Center (HOC). To identify the jurisdictional HOC for the state where the condominium project is located please visit: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/sfhhocs
For case numbers assigned on or after October 15, 2019, condominium project approval requirements and submission procedures can be located in: Handbook 4000.1, Section II.C.2 and II.C.3 available at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh
For case numbers assigned prior to October 15, 2019, information is available in:
- Mortgagee Letter (ML) 2011-22 Condominium Approval Process for Single Family Housing – Consolidation and Update of Approval Requirements and the attached Condominium Project Approval and Processing Guide provides the requirements and procedures for obtaining FHA condominium project approval.
- ML 2012-18 Temporary Approval Provisions for FHA Condominium Project Approval provides temporary condominium project approval guideline changes to address current housing market conditions.
- ML 2015-27 Additional Temporary Approval Provisions for FHA Condominium Project Approval
- ML 2016-15 FHA Condominium Project Approval – Owner Occupancy Requirements modifies the Condominium Project Approval and Processing Guide, attachment to ML 2011-22, in order to implement the Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2016 (HOTMA) requirements and establish the required owner-occupancy percentage that must be met for purposes of FHA project approval.
For more information regarding condominium projects refer to:
- The FHA Condominium Mortgage Insurance page at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/ins/sfh_ins_condominiums
- To search for approved condominiums please visit: https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm