How does a Mortgagee get its Fiscal Year revised/changed in FHA's computer systems?

The Mortgagee must submit a Change Request to FHA in order to change its fiscal year end date.  The Mortgagee must submit the Requests to FHA using the Lender Electronic Assessment Portal (LEAP) at least 90 Days before the end of their current fiscal year, as reported to FHA. 
The Mortgagee must:
• include a cover letter signed by a Corporate Officer summarizing the business change(s); and
• submit any required documents as specified in Handbook 4000.1 I.A.3.c or as described in the LEAP User Manual. 
Before approving the change, FHA may require the Mortgagee to submit interim financial reports to ensure the Mortgagee’s next annual renewal financial reports cover no more than 18 months. 
The LEAP User Manual is located at: under the LEAP Information link in the Approvals & Renewals section. 
Handbook 4000.1 I.A.7.a & m is available at

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-02237