- they do not currently own a house and can demonstrate and certify that they will occupy the Property as their Principal Residence for at least two years;
- they have not purchased a HUD-owned Property within the past 24 months as an owner occupant; and
- they are not prohibited buyers.
The following HUD employees and their household members are prohibited from purchasing HUD REO Properties:
- all HUD management personnel who are part of the management chain that has authority over the Single Family REO disposition process;
- all Headquarters Office of Single Family Asset Management (OSFAM) employees;
- all HUD employees that have direct or indirect responsibilities for policy development, procurement, and disposition of Single Family REO Properties; and
- all Homeownership Centers (HOC), Field and Regional offices’ employees that have direct or indirect oversight of the responsibilities of Management and Marketing (M&M) contractors.
For policy information see Handbook 4000.1 IV.B.2.d.v.-vi. at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh