If my loan closed and was found uninsurable by FHA, can I get a refund of the MIP paid at closing?

If it is your understanding that your mortgage loan was originated and closed as an FHA loan, but has not been insured by FHA, you must contact your servicing lender for further information.

If you have contacted your lender and are not satisfied, you may file a complaint online with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) at: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/getting-started/

Or by mail at: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau 
                       P.O. Box 2900
                       Clinton, IA 52733-2900

You can contact CFPB at: 855-411-2372 (TTY/TDD: 855-729-2372)

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-01936