How do I get a letter from FHA that confirms my approval for unconditional Title II Direct Endorsement (DE) authority?

Approval for unconditional Title II Direct Endorsement authority is granted by the Homeownership Center (HOC) that has jurisdiction over the home office of the FHA-approved Mortgagee.  The Mortgagee will receive an approval letter from the HOC upon successful completion of the required Test Case process.   
A Mortgagee may contact the FHA Resource Center via email at or by telephone at 1-800-CALL-FHA (225-5342) and request to speak to the HOC with jurisdiction over the Mortgageeā€™s home office to inquire about the approval letter for unconditional Title II Direct Endorsement authority. 
For additional information see Handbook 4000.1 I.A.5.a.iii(A)(4)

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-01843