Who can I contact to inquire about obtaining HUD Community Development Block Grant assistance?

HUD's Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program provides grants to states and localities that communities use to fund a wide range of community needs - critical infrastructure, public services, job creation and retention, housing rehabilitation, and other activities that primarily benefit low and moderate income persons.

HUD does not make direct grants to individuals.   However, individuals may wish to inquire about eligibility for particular programs and/or availability of housing units.

Individuals should contact their State or local government agencies for more information at the following website:


All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-01570