Are there HUD/FHA relocation funds available for borrowers with HECM properties in a Presidentially Declared Major Disaster Area (PDMDA) in association with a completed deed-in-lieu of foreclosure?

At this time, relocation incentives or other funding assistance are not available from HUD for HECM borrowers associated with a completed deed in lieu or foreclosure action.  There may, however, be other Federal, State or local assistance available to the borrower.

Borrowers may contact a HUD approved housing counseling agency in their area for unbiased counseling on their particular situation.  

Additional information and access to an on-line list of HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agencies is available at: 

A list of HUD Housing Counseling Agencies and their contact information can be obtained by calling HUD's interactive voice system toll free at 1-800-569-4287.

HQ Policy Determination


All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-01528