How do I file a complaint against a bank or other financial institution?

If you have a problem with a bank or other financial institution, you may contact the Federal Reserve for help at
888-851-1920 (TTY: 877-766-8533) Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST
You may file your complaint online, via fax or mail.
For more information go to the Federal Reserve Consumer Help page at
If you are a customer of a Bank or Federal Savings Association you may find answers to your questions and how to file a complaint at

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-01323