How do I file a complaint against a lender who is not FHA approved?

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) monitors banks, lenders and other financial companies to protect consumers from unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices.  You can contact the CFPB about your question by telephone at: 855-411-2372 (TTY/TDD:  855-729-2372), or by accessing their web page at:

If you have contacted your lender and are not satisfied, you may file a complaint online with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) at:

Or by mail at:

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

P.O. Box 2900

Clinton, IA 52733-2900


All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-01314