How can a Mortgagee report HUD employees or contractors that are involved in fraud or material misrepresentation?

If the Mortgagee suspects HUD employees or contractors were involved in fraud or material misrepresentation, the Mortgagee must refer the matter directly to HUD’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) through the HUD OIG website at  by sending a written referral to the HUD OIG Hotline at 451 7th Street, SW, Room 8254, Washington, DC 20410, or by fax at (202) 708-4829.
For FHA additional information see:
Handbook 4000.1 Section V.A.2.d.iv(G) available at:

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-01100