How can I get information about Rural Development Administration or Farmers Home Administration mortgage programs?

Rural Development (formerly Farmers Home Administration or FmHA) is a division of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The FHA does not have jurisdiction over FmHA loans. For more information on Rural Development housing programs or to file a complaint, visit the referenced web site at or  or call toll-free at (800) 414-1226.

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: KA-01061