Can someone other than the Principal Broker be the first person with that NAID to register on HUD Homestore to place bids?

No. The initial person registering on HUD Homestore must be the Principal Broker listed on the SAMS-1111 form. After the Principal Broker has registered, then Selling Agents and Associate Brokers can register with the NAID and licenses in the same state(s) the Principal Broker registered with.

Using Google Chrome is strongly recommended when accessing the NAID Application Portal.

Online videos and frequently asked questions are available on the HUD HomeStore at: for your reference.

The applicant may send a request for additional information by email to  or call the FHA Resource Center at 1-800-225-5342.

All policy information contained in this knowledge base article is based upon the referenced HUD policy document. Any lending or insuring decisions should adhere to the specific information contained in that underlying policy document.

Topic Number: 2018-0013