When a Broker (or Preparer) completes the prescreening process the system will automatically log into the Portal.
If, after the prescreening process is completed, the Principal Broker elects to return later to complete the application process they can:
- Go to the HUD HomeStore website at: http://www.hudhomestore.com;
- Click the NAID Application Portal tab on the gray menu bar on top of the page.
- Click the “Here” link inside the message bubble to access the NAID Application Portal.
- Click on LOGIN NOW to log into the NAID Application.
- The Payee Information section containing the Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Business Name or Social Security Number (SSN)/Individual’s First and Last Name will be pre-populated from the prescreening;
- The Business Address (1099-MISC sent here) section containing broker’s Business Address and Business Phone Number will be pre-populated from the prescreening (this may be updated);
- Enter (or copy over) the broker’s Name and Remittance Address (DBA). This must be a physical address and not a Post Office Box;
- Complete the required Contact Information. This is the person whose name will display on HUDHomestore.com’s Broker Search;
- Complete the Additional Information section;
- Enter the Preparer’s Title in the Application Status section;
- When all information has been entered click Save and Continue Working on the Application;
- An alert appears asking the applicant to upload any required documents, click OK;
- Click on the Upload Required Documents on the Functions drop-down menu or click on the link provided in the workflow area;
- The required documents include:
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Letter 147C or other official IRS document reflecting the business name and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or, if operating under a Social Security Number (SSN), a copy of the Social Security card;
- a copy of the current driver’s license with an expiration date;
- the first page of a recent phone bill, utility bill or bank statement that displays the remittance address and company or broker name that was entered during the prescreening process;
- a copy of the active Real Estate Broker’s license with an expiration date;
- Click on “Select Documents” for the first three documents to upload the documents;
- Click Save and Continue Working on the Application;
- When ready to submit the application click the Close button and thoroughly review the application;
- Click the Submit Application to HUD for Review button;
- An alert will appear, click on OK (confirm the status of the NAID Application has changed from 03 to 04a in the Status History at the bottom of the screen).
The Application status can be checked by:
- Going to the HUD HomeStore website at: http://www.hudhomestore.com;
- Under the gray menu bar on the main page click the Here link to open the NAID Application Portal;
- Click on Find NAID and Check Application Status;
- Select the ID Type and enter the SSN or EIN (based on the entry at prescreening) and click on the Submit button. The screen provides the latest status of the application.
HUD will review the submitted application.
If rejected due to the Name and EIN/SSN failing to match, a notification is sent to the applicant advising to correct the information. If any of the uploaded documents are rejected, HUD staff will send an email with an explanation of why the item was rejected..
You have the opportunity to make changes and resubmit the application for approval. If one or more of the uploaded forms are rejected, they can be deleted, re-uploaded, then resubmitted to HUD for review.
If HUD approves the application, the applicant will receive an email where they can view an “Envelope” which contains the SAMS-1111 form, SAMS-1111-A form, and the uploaded required documents:
Note: Do not forward this email. If you do, you will not be able to review and sign the document. It must be opened directly from the email address to which it was sent.
- To sign the Envelope, click the Review Documents button within the email;
- Click the check box agreeing to use electronic records and signatures;
- Click the CONTINUE button to begin the e-signature process;
- Clicking the START button shows the recipient where to sign;
- To sign, click the “Sign” icon;
- You will be asked to adopt a style, or can click Change Style if preferred. When finished, click the ADOPT AND SIGN button;
- Once all signatures have been completed, click FINISH.
- After the forms are signed and submitted, a Pending NAID is created and the Principal Broker will receive an email advising that they are able to register on HUDHomestore.com (https://www.hudhomestore.com) and place bids;
- After the HUD Reviewer and NAID Approver have signed the document:
- The “Pending” NAID becomes an “Active” NAID;
- An email is sent to the Principle Broker (and Preparer if applicable) indicating the NAID is now active and includes instructions for recertifying the NAID on a yearly basis;
- A PDF copy of the completed envelope with signatures displays as an attachment.
Use of the Google Chrome browser is strongly recommended when accessing the NAID Application Portal.
A copy of the NAID-Add New Payee and Add New NAID to Existing Payee User Guide for Principal Brokers containing detailed instruction on using the NAID Application Portal are provided at: https://www.hudhomestore.com/ListingSiteFAQ.htm for your reference.
The applicant may send a request for additional information by email to: email@example.com or call the FHA Resource Center at: 1-800-225-5342.
Real Estate Broker NAID policy is in Handbook 4000.1 I.B.5.b. and I.B.5.c. at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh